Strategic Planning Committee
October 8, 2009
Members Present: Diana Burlison, John Eggers, Robin Ewing, Sara Grachek, Stephen Hornstein, Mark Jaede, Ravi Kalia, Judy Kilborn, Kong-Hee Kim, Diana Lawson, Karen Lindgren, Kerry Marrer, Abbas Mehdi, Plamen Miltenoff, Amos Olagunju, John Palmer, Dan Pedersen, Mitch Rubinstein, Mahmoud Saffari, Mike Sharp, Jim Sherohman, Casey Wagner, Kay Worner
Members Absent: Anthony Akubue, John Burgeson, David DeGroote, Monica Devers, Lisa Foss, Jean Hoff, Debra Leigh, Michele Mumm, Kim Oren, Richard Shearer, David Sikes, Dan Wildeson
Handouts: FY 2010 Work Plan.
Meeting Minutes-September 24, 2009; consensus was to make note under Focus Group findings that this data printed was as stated by the group participants not by the Strategic Planning Committee. This change has been made and the minutes are posted to the website.
Meeting times and locations are included on each meeting agenda, meeting minutes and are posted on the Strategic Planning Committee’s website.
Co-chair Election to occur on Oct 15, 2009. Lisa Foss will send out announcement for the co-chair election.
FY 2010 Work Plan
- Revising the Responsibility Column to include all people responsible, spelling out acronyms
- Adding an Accountable Column, naming the primary person accountable for the objective. This would be a clearer picture of all those involved
- Inconsistency of the work plan and the lack of connection between unit plans
- The committee felt the work plan should be presented in conjunction with the strategic plan and that as a university we are behind in our review and implementation.
- FY 2011 Work Plan should be under discussion
- At this point, do the current strategic objectives still meet the university’s strategic plan?
- Strategic Planning Committee would like to see outcome from all active committees
- Strategic Planning Committee needs to stay focused on plans, strategies and timely implementation
- Additional concerns on the FY 10 work plan to be brought to Lisa Foss’ attention
And brought up for review at the October 15, 2009 SPC meeting
- Suggestion was made to have task force and subcommittee members brought in as guests to report their progress and timelines to the Strategic Planning Committee starting in January 2010
SCSU Online Council
- The charge needs to be reviewed for input by the Online Distance & Offsite Programming Committee.
- The charge needs to be revised based on input received from the academic working group and appropriate committees
- Committee members felt that the draft (charge memo) needs extensive revisions
- The Online Council needs to be formed in order to properly review the charge
- A representative to the Online Council should include a member of student government.
Announcement: Spring 2009 Senior Graduate Survey and National Student Engagement data needs to be reported by November 15, 2009. Volunteers are needed to review findings!!
Contact Amos Olagunju if you are able to help.
Online Council Charge to be first item on the agenda at October 15, 2009 meeting.
These minutes to be reviewed by all committee members for accuracy and possible omission of topics discussed.
Schedule- Fall Semester 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009; 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Voyageurs North, Atwood
Thursday, November 19, 2009; 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Glacier, AtwoodThursday, December 3, 2009; 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Glacier, Atwood