Strategic Planning Committee
October 15, 2009
Members Present: Diana Burlison, David DeGroote, John Eggers, Lisa Foss, Sara Grachek, Stephen Hornstein, Ravi Kalia, Judy Kilborn, Kong-Hee Kim, Diana Lawson, Debra Leigh, Karen Lindgren, Kerry Marrer, Abbas Mehdi, Plamen Miltenoff, Michele Mumm, Amos Olagunju, John Palmer, Dan Pedersen, Mitch Rubinstein, Mahmoud Saffari, Mike Sharp, Jim Sherohman
Members Absent: Anthony Akubue, John Burgeson, Monica Devers, Robin Ewing, Jean Hoff, Mark Jaede, Kim Oren, Richard Shearer, David Sikes, Margaret Villanueva, Casey Wagner, Dan Wildeson, Kay Worner
Handouts: Strategic Action Plan, Strategic Planning Committee Charge,
Memorandum; Proposal for Establishing an Online Council
Meeting Minutes: October 8, 2009; revision to SCSU Online Council;
A bullet point has been added, suggesting that a representative to the Online Council should include a member of student government. Move to approve these minutes made by Mike Sharp, seconded by Diana Lawson.
Co-chair Election: Judy Kilborn was elected as co-chair.
Strategic Planning Committee Charge Review: The committee agreed the charge should be dated.
Strategic Analytics & Management System (SAMS)
- SAMS developed to provide user friendly access to institutional data
- Strategic Planning Committee to be added as users of this site soon
- Real time data and archival data accessible
- Data can be exported
- Long term goal is to provide a central location for institutional data
- Subgroup formed to bring recommendations to the Strategic Planning Committee
- Members: Ravi Kalia, Diana Lawson, Amos Olagunju, Lisa Foss, Mamoud Saffari
- First report from subgroup will be November 19, 2009
- Subgroup formed to organize the process and establish timeline.
- Members: Debra Leigh, Mike Sharp, Stephen Hornstein, Konghee Kim, Lisa Foss
- First report from subgroup will be December 3, 2009 with completion by May 2010
SCSU Online Council
- Composition of council is of concern to the Strategic Planning Committee
- Online issues -- between colleges, workloads, student complaint policies, technology, diversity, mobility and financial matters
- Subgroup formed to gather documents and information to assist in the modification of the charge
- Members: Judy Kilborn, David DeGroote, John Eggers, Sara Grachek/Plamen Miltenoff, Lisa Foss
- First report from subgroup will be November 5, 2009
Schedule - Fall Semester 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009; 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Voyageurs North, Atwood
Thursday, November 19, 2009; 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Glacier, Atwood
Thursday, December 3, 2009; 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Glacier, Atwood