St. Cloud State University
Strategic Planning Committee Minutes
April 18, 2002, 7:45 a.m. Mississippi Room
Minutes approved by combination of 5/2/02 meeting and email approval to meet quorum.
Members Present: Edward Addo, Diane Decker, Pat Krueger, Glen Palm, John Palmer, Mary Soroko, Karen Thoms, and Jay Vora
Members Absent: John Burgeson, Bassey Eyo, Bonnie Hedin, Jeanne Hites, Balsy Kasi, Andrew Larkin, Mohammad Mahroof-Tahir, Aspasia Rigopoulou-Melcher, Addie Turkowski, Fred Walker, and Brenda Wentworth
Support Staff: Subimal Chopra and Lucie Schwartzkopf
I. Jay Vora substituted as chair for Jeanne Hites.
II. Approval of April 4, 2002, minutes
Minutes for April 4, 2002, were not approved due to lack of quorum.
III. Complete polishing priorities
The priorities for Diversity were discussed. The committee agreed to have only one goal for this area as follows:
"The university will create an environment that welcomes and empowers people and builds organizational strength through domestic and global diversity."
IV. Discuss KPI's
KPI measurements were brain stormed to facilitate goals and assessment tools. The following tools were identified:
- Utilization Rate - Several areas may be assessed, such as utilization rates of Faculty, staff, dorms, facilities, etc. It was noted that these rates imply finite amount of resources.
- Per capita grievances/complaints for faculty, staff, students, and combinations thereof.
- Profile of recruitment and retention of students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Accreditation and/or other measures of quality of programs and of university as a whole.
- Profile of contribution/service to the community at large by faculty, staff, students, etc.
V. Process for sharing priorities
VI. Report on mission-vision discussion with Faculty Senate
Planned meeting times