Diversity and Justice
Chair: Mark Nook
Diversity and Justice will allow the University to better serve our rapidly-changing world and foster a community of people of many backgrounds and perspectives working successfully together. This includes:
- Providing a supportive, respectful, and welcoming environment for all members of the University community including those traditionally disenfranchised by virtue of ethnicity, socioeconomic background, gender, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Recruitment and retention of a high-quality, diverse body of faculty, staff, and students.
- Developing ways to celebrate our multicultural, international character and better integrate this rich tradition in all aspects of campus life.
- A harassment-free, tolerant environment.
- Building university-external relationships and individual experiences that encourage diversity ad a global perspective.
- Appropriate technology to provide more "windows" on the world.
Mark Nook, Chair
Min. Acad. Support
EB B121, x3976