ST. CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY
STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES
JUNE 19, 1996
MEMBERS PRESENT:* Shahzad Ahmad, Dick Andzenge, Jo Ann Asquith, Brad Chisholm, Bruce Ellis, Yvonne Getchell, Mike Hayman, Jeanne Hites, Richard Johnson, Rich Josephson, Bill Langen, Kathleen Maloney, Denise McGuire, Lu Meemken, Kate Mooney, Amy Nord, Jim Pehler, Sue Pope, Lora Robinson, Greg Scherber, Gretchen Starks-Martin, Rubin Stenseng, Annette Wilson
STAFF* Sandy Isberner, Karen Schmid, Bill Tschida
*Those present are underlined.
The meeting was called to order by L. Robinson.
The minutes were distributed for review. The minutes were accepted as distributed.
L. Robinson distributed copies of the working agenda and Proposed Skeleton for Developing Strategic Vision
- Proposed Dates and Times for Strategic Planning Committee Meetings
Rooms for committee meetings were added through the Fall quarter.
- Reading List
Reminder to read Envisioning your future: imagining ideal scenarios. This was given to committee members at an earlier meeting and is also on reserve in Learning Resources.
- Who are we? (Internal environment) and Institutional Values Subgroups
did not report.
- Who are they? (External environment) Subgroup did not report.
- What do we want to be and how do we get there? Was not discussed.
- Working Assumption and Ground Rules No additional items were added
as a result of reading "Code of Ethics for the Professional Planner."
- Working Outline of Strategic Plan Document. Was not discussed.
- Analyze Strategic Planning Process and Make Recommendations. Was not
- Proposed Skeleton for Developing Strategies. Was not discussed.
- Proposed Agenda for Working Retreat
The committee agreed to discuss vision information in the morning and have subgroups meet after lunch.
- Open discussion
Speakers are being arranged on the following topics: Image Team, Physical Master Plan, North Central, Enrollment Plan, Technology and Alumni Foundation.
- The next scheduled meeting is July 1, 1996 at 2:30 PM, North Voyageurs Room.