Required for all travel 10 to 15 days prior to making any travel arrangements.  Complete the Travel Authorization Form and signatures required are:

  • Employee signature
  • In State Travel: Department Chair or Supervisor signature "Although in-state travel only requires verbal approval of immediate supervisor, a Work Revision Request is also necessary for academic administration and instructional faculty when academic duties and responsibilities need to be adjusted or covered during work-related travel away from campus. The Work Revision Request form is now a section of this new Travel Authorization form."
  • Out of State Travel: Department Chair/Supervisor and College/School Dean or appropriate Vice President
  • International Travel: Department Chair/Supervisor, College/School Dean, Vice President/Provost and President

After traveling to anywhere within the United States, complete the Employee Expense Report to claim reimbursement for travel expenses related to your grant and submit original receipts.

  • Signatures required for SEMA4 Employee Expense Report are: Employee and Department Chair or Supervisor
  • Signatures required for Form 1401 are: Responsible Person(s) on the account(s)

Students traveling to anywhere within the United States complete the Employee Expense Report to claim reimbursement for travel expenses. On the Employee Expense Report under Job Title list "Student." Student travel uses object code 2720.

NOTE: Expense reports must be submitted for reimbursement within 60 days after the expense is incurred or the trip ends; otherwise, the reimbursement becomes taxable and withholding tax must be taken.

Information regarding meal allowances, lodging, vehicle, and airfare expenses can be found at Travel/Business Expenses.

Complete the Request for Approval to Incur Special Expenses form in advance if you will be traveling outside the United States. The completed form should be submitted to the Director of Business Services in AS 124. Signatures required for Special Expense Form are:

  • Requestor Signature
  • Department Chair or Supervisor Signature
  • College/School Dean
  • Director of Business Services

If you have travel questions you can refer to Navigating through Travel Expenses like a Pro, and for specific questions contact the Travel Desk in Business Services AS 124 or call 308-4005.