Dr. Lowell Hellervik graduated from St. Cloud State University with a B.S. degree and went on to earn his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota. Started fall 2005, the Hellervik Prize is St. Cloud State University’s premier award encouraging research or scholarly activity which advances knowledge on issues of importance to students, college/school, university and society. Research is broadly defined as creative achievement and/or the scholarly pursuit of knowledge using recognized procedures in the principal investigator’s discipline or area of study. Tenured, probationary or fixed term faculty can apply for up to $10,000 and individuals working in collaboration or on a closely related project should apply as a group. Fund History
January 21, 2016 by 4:30 p.m.
- By the deadline date and time, electronic submission to ResearchNow@stcloudstate.edu is preferred or one original can be delivered to AS 210
- Applications must be fully signed
- Hellervik Prize Guidelines (read first)
- Hellervik Prize Application
- Funds may be used to cover faculty co-investigator compensation of up to $3,000
- Funds may be used to cover wages for student help to assist with the project
- PI to receive one course release (3-4 credits maximum) for one academic year of the grant
- Awardees agree to present their research results or scholarly works, in a format appropriate to the discipline
Review of applications will be in collaboration with Dr. Lowell Hellervik, the Associate Provost for Research and the Scholarship, Research and Creative Achievement Committee.