Are you looking for a fun way to build your leadership skills? Do you have positive energy and a great attitude? Would you like to help new first-year and transfer students start their university experience at SCSU on the right foot?
Come make a difference!
Welcome Weekend is a major University event for all new first-year & transfer students. We’re looking for motivated and energetic student leaders to work as Pack Leaders for Welcome Weekend through Husky Kick-off.
Application deadline: We have already chosen orientation leaders for 2013. Check back in January 2014 for information on becoming a Pack Leader for Fall 2014!
Pack Leader responsibilities:
- participation in ALL Pack Leader training sessions
- participation in ALL scheduled staff meetings throughout Welcome Weekend and Husky Kick-off
- facilitation of meetings with orientation student groups, on Welcome Weekend and as scheduled through the first two weeks of classes
- Support of orientation in other ways as needed throughout Welcome Weekend
- In general, serve as a guide and resource to new students and their families
$225, plus meals & uniform shirts during Welcome Weekend
Eligibility and qualifications:
(Please note: current Community Advisors (CAs) are not eligible to serve as OLs)
- be in good academic standing
- have completed at least 24 credits & at least one semester at SCSU
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- be available for ALL Pack Leader training and service:
- Group Interviews - Spring 2014 (Dates TBD)
- Training includes: Spring 2014 (Dates TBD) AND August 2014
- Welcome Weekend, all day, both days, August 23-24
- Additional hours of service during Husky Kick-off from August 25 - September 14
- Submit an Application (Available here soon)
- Ask two faculty or staff members to serve as references (no form or recommendation letters necessary)
- Attend and fully participate in your group interview
- Participate in an individual interview, if requested by the First Year & Transition Programs staff
Questions about being a Pack Leader? Let us know! We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (320) 308-2941.