Are you looking for a fun way to build your leadership skills? Do you have positive energy and a great attitude? Would you like to help new first-year and transfer students start their university experience at SCSU on the right foot?
Come make a difference!
Welcome Weekend is a major University event for all new first-year & transfer students. We’re looking for motivated and energetic student leaders to work as Orientation Leaders for Welcome Weekend through Husky Kick-off.
Application deadline: We have already chosen Orientation Leaders for 2013. Check back in January 2014 for information on becoming an OL for Fall 2014!
Orientation Leader responsibilities:
- participation in ALL Orientation Leader (OL) training sessions
- participation in ALL scheduled OL staff meetings throughout Welcome Weekend and Husky Kick-off
- facilitation of meetings with orientation student groups, on August 24 and 25 and as scheduled through the first two weeks of classes
- Support of orientation in other ways as needed throughout Welcome Weekend
- In general, serve as a guide and resource to new students and their families
$225, plus meals during Welcome Weekend
Eligibility and qualifications:
(Please note: current Community Advisors (CAs) are not eligible to serve as OLs)
- be in good academic standing
- have completed at least 24 credits & at least one semester at SCSU
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- be available for ALL OL training and service:
- Group Interviews -
- OL training includes:
- Welcome Weekend, all day, both days, August 24-25
- Additional hours of service during Husky Kick-off from August 26 - September 14
- Fill out the Orientation Leader application by April 1, 2013. Log on with your entire HuskyNet e-mail and password.
- Ask two faculty and/or staff members of SCSU to serve as references. No additional reference letters or forms are required.
- Attend your confirmed group interview. (You will receive an email confirmation from the office of First Year and Transition Programs upon receipt of your completed application.)
Questions about being an OL or the application? Let us know! We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (320) 308-2941.