Frequently Asked Questions

When do I apply for student teaching?
Attend Student Teaching Round Up meetings 2 semesters prior to your student teaching. Applications due in mid November for Fall and mid April for Spring.

Do I have to be admitted to the major before I apply to student teach?
No, but you must be admitted before you will be eligible to student teach.

Where do I apply to Teacher Education?
School of Education Dean’s Office, EB A110

What additional costs will I have as part of my teacher preparation program?

Click here for more information.

What are the requirements for CPR/First Aid Certification? Where can I get CPR/First Aid?
The requirements for CPR/First Aid can be found in the student teaching application. All CFS majors and Health and PE majors must be certified in CPR and First Aid in order to student teach. You can find CPR/First aid classes at Campus Recreation, Red Cross, Community Ed, or a hospital.

Can I get copies of the things that are in my folder?
You should have received copies of all observations and evaluations – each copy will cost you $.25.

When will I find out my placement?
You will find out your placement at the mandatory placement meeting during finals week. See dates on the OCE home page.

When do I apply for teaching licensure? SCSU Records and Registration, Teacher License application process