Applications now Available for Fall 2010
Applications Now Available For Spring 2011 Admission
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Applications are now being accepted for admission into the Spring 2011 BSN Program at St. Cloud State. The application packet may be found on this website under Admissions and FAQ's. Potential candidates should pay careful attention to the process outlined in the packet as the process has underwent several changes. We are excited to welcome 40 new students in SCSU Nursing!
Applications are now being accepted for admission into the Spring 2011 BSN Program at St. Cloud State. The application packet may be found on this website under Admissions and FAQ's. Potential candidates should pay careful attention to the process outlined in the packet as the process has undergone several changes.
The Department of Nursing Sciences has returned to a newly renovated Brown Hall. With the move, students have access to new state of the art lab facilities, computer labs dedicated 100% to their needs, student lounge and locker facilities, conference rooms, and smart classrooms. Brown Hall is also connected via the skyway system to many other key facilities on the SCSU Campus.
With the move, our office is also located in Brown Hall in Suite 213. With all of our students, faculty and support staff under one roof the synergy and energy of the students and the program continues to grow every day.
Students interested in applying for the Spring of 2011 need to be aware that all applications and supporting documentation are due by 4:00PM on June 1, 2010. Applications and supporting material may be hand delivered to Brown Hall Suite 213 or mailed via US Postal Service. If you choose to mail your application, it must be postmarked on or before the published deadline.
Applicants should take note of the following changes to the application process;
· There will no longer be a personal interview as part of the process.
· References may now be hand delivered by the applicant provided it is in a sealed envelope with the signature of the person providing the reference across the seal.
· Transcripts from all previous Colleges/Universities must be physically attached to your application at the time of submission. Unofficial/Official Transcripts are acceptable.
· Applicants need to identify if PSEO credits are being transferred (see application).
Applicants should take note of the following points of emphasis, these are not changes, but areas where students may need to take extra steps;
· Applicants must have an active HuskyNet E-mail account on or before the application deadline. 100% of communication will be facilitated via HuskyNet E-mail. This process may take 2-3 weeks so students will need to plan accordingly.
· Applicants must be accepted as a student at SCSU on or before the application deadline. This process may take 2-4 weeks so students will need to plan accordingly.
· Applicants who choose to wait to apply until close to the deadline, may experience timeline issues…plan ahead.
If you have questions about the process, feel free to call (320)308-1749 to arrange an advising meeting with our Student Services Staff. These meeting can happen on campus or we can arrange a phone meeting to facilitate your needs.