Accelerated Baccalaureate Program
An Accelerated Program: The Fast Track to a Nursing Career!
SCSU Department of Nursing welcomes applicants to an innovative approach to nursing education that builds on previous learning experiences and transitions individuals with undergraduate degrees in other disciplines into nursing!
What is it?
An intensely rigorous 16 month course of study that blends classroom instruction, online courses, learning laboratory and clinical practice preparing the student to graduate and take the NCLEX-RN examination for licensure.
The next application deadline date will be February 1, 2010. The program will start in August 2010 and students will graduate December 2011.
- A copy of your transcripts from an accredited institution demonstrating a previous baccalaureate degree in any field;
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 (4.00 scale) for completed degree;
- Accepted as a student at SCSU;
Demonstration of completion of required prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 3.00 and a grade no lower than a C in any prerequisite coursework
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I - 4 credits (Biology 202)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II - 4 credits (Biology 204)
- Introductory Microbiology - 4 credits (Biology 206)
- Introduction to Organic & Biological Chemistry - 5 credits (Chemistry 141)
- Developmental Psychology - 3 credits (Psychology 240)
- Introductory Pathophysiology - 3 credits (Biology 367)
- Introductory Pharmacology - 3 credits (Biology 368)
- Completion of application forms and two academic/professional references
- Major/Minor application form
Students must have all prerequisite courses either completed or in progress when they apply. Courses taken as part of a previous baccalaureate program will be evaluated by the Nursing Department and may be transferred if they are comparable in scope to the required prerequisite courses.
The Department of Nursing Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applications following the February 1, deadline. Students in the applicant pool will be rank ordered according to their prerequisite GPA and references.
For More Information
Contact the Student Services Coordinator in the Department of Nursing at 320.308.1749 for information and/or an appointment with an advisor or faculty member.