College Success Strategies
Manage Your Time
- For every credit you register for, you should plan for 3 hours of your time per week: 1 hour in class and the other 2 hours spent outside of class studying.
- Make a daily schedule with class attendance as the top priority. Give yourself enough study time for homework, research, and projects.
- Use an academic planner, such as The Link, to keep track of assignment deadlines and test dates.
- Having trouble finding notes for class? Create your own personal system to stay organized. College life is much easier when you know where things are.
- Know how, when, and where to study. The campus offers many places to study, whether it is your residence hall, the library, student centers, or a coffee shop. Find a place where you are relaxed, focused, and motivated.
Get To Know Your Professors
- Ask for help when you need it. Professors are more than willing to help you when they can. They, too, want you to succeed.
- Professors are required to have weekly office hours that are noted on the course syllabus.
Use Your Campus Resources
- Tutoring services are available to students who need academic support. Please see the Academic Learning Center website at: www.stcloudstate.edu/alc
- Keep yourself active. Whether it is working out or playing intramural sports, remember to have fun!
- Eat healthy.
- Get enough sleep. If you can’t get enough sleep at night, schedule a nap during the day.