Historical site renovated
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Riverview, one of the most recognized buildings at St. Cloud State, underwent a series of renovations over the summer that included necessary updates and restored the building’s original brilliance. Designed in 1911, Riverview is the only building on campus listed on the National Register of Historic Sites. Because of the building’s history, special attention was paid to preserving its antiquated elements while making improvements to accommodate current safety, accessibility and academic needs.
The $4.5 million project included restoring the outside walls, windows, doors and interior of the building, which will increase its energy efficiency. The Department of Communication Studies moved into Riverview in time for the start of fall classes.
<< Previous | Contents | Next >>