Enrollment up in key categories
Friday, February 1, 2008
Enrollment figures for the 10th day of spring classes at St. Cloud State were up in all key categories compared to the same period a year ago. Retention rates, the number of fall semester students who enrolled for spring semester, were up 2.7 percent.
Total 10th day enrollment is now 14,980, the highest spring semester total in at least nine years. Increases by various categories compared to last year are:
- New entering freshmen up 44.6 percent.
- New transfer students up 11.5 percent.
- Total graduate students up 3.7 percent.
- Total international students up 11.9 percent. This brings the number of international students to a record high of 1,034.
- Total domestic students of color up 21.7 percent. Since spring 2000, the number of students of color at St. Cloud State has increased 121 percent to reach a record high of 1,140, which is 7.6 percent of the student body. The fall-to-spring retention rate for students of color rose 3.4 percent to 86.8 percent.
<< Previous | Contents | Next >>