Outstanding community service leadership noted
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Twenty-three SCSU students who, through their leadership efforts, made significant contributions to SCSU and their communities have been recognized with Excellence in Leadership Awards.
Criteria for selecting award recipients included leadership, creativity/initiative, social responsibility and active participation in the campus and community.
- The Dennis M. Thayer Leadership Award, given in recognition of the student receiving the highest score in the Excellence in Leadership Award process, was presented to Allissa Dillman, senior, of St. Cloud.
- The Rich Murray Volunteer Service Scholarship was presented to Jenna Trisko, senior, Waite Park, Minn.
- Adam J. Schmitt, senior, Eden Prairie, Minn., president of Students in Free Enterprise, received the Student Leader of the Year Award.
- Leadership awards were also presented to two student organizations and a professor:The Students in Free Enterprise/Target Outstanding Community Service Award went to the students’ Medical Professions Association for their work with Relay for Life, which this year raised $32,000 for cancer research, and to the Communication Studies Association for their work on the annual bone marrow donor registration project.
- Associate Professor Heiko Schoenfuss was named Adviser of the Year for his work with the Medical Professions Association.
<< Previous | Contents | Next >>