Digital resources in University archives
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
University Archives maintains the memory of St. Cloud State University by preserving records and publications. These materials, numbering six million pages, document the university’s development and serves as a source of information about its programs, people, policies and property.
To provide quick, reliable and convenient information, University Archives has a wide range of records online available on its website: lrts.stcloudstate.edu/library/special/archives.
This information includes:
- 1908 and 1940 alumni directories that list graduates by class and include some biographical information
- Course catalogs from 1869 to 1941 that explain entrance requirements, courses offered, and lists of faculty and students for each academic year
- Two college histories: History of St. Cloud State Teachers College (1954) written by long-time faculty member and former president, Dudley Brainard; A Centennial History of St. Cloud State College, written by history faculty member Edwin Cates to commemorate St. Cloud State’s centennial anniversary
- Eleven Normalia and Talahi yearbooks from 1903, 1904, 1923, 1926, 1935, 1942, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, and 1969
- Student newspapers, including all 93 issues of Normalia (1892-1904), all 10 issues of the Normal School Recorder (1916-18), and the Chronicle, 1926-27 and 1967-68 academic years
- Index to nearly 20,000 names of students that appeared in 15 volumes of academic transcripts, 1870s-1930s
<< Previous | Contents | Next >>