Thursday, March 29, 2007
St. Cloud State University student-athletes turned in an achievement-filled 2006-07 season:
- The SCSU men’s hockey team consistently ranked in the top 10 in college hockey polls, including one week at the number two position.
- 33 athletes in fall sports were named to the North Central conference (NCC) Commissioner’s Academic Honor Roll and eight were on the NCC All-Academic roster. All maintained a 3.20 cumulative GPA. Full list at www.northcentralconference.org.
- The men’s and women’s basketball teams were ranked in the North Central Region polls most of the season, with the men’s team fifth and the women tenth. The men earned a regional bid.
- Senior basketball player Erika Quigley, Duluth, has completed her college career as the most decorated player in SCSU women’s basketball history. She holds the all-time career records for scoring, rebounding and blocked shots at SCSU and led all NCAA Division II
women in scoring during the 2006-07 season. Honors include 2007 North Central Conference MVP, four-time All-Conference team selection, 2006-07 Daktronics Women’s Basketball All-North Central Region Player of the Year, 2006-07 Women’s Division II Bulletin Preseason Player of the Year and three-time All- American. She played on back-to-back North Central Region Championship teams and two NCAA Division II Elite Eight tournament teams.
- The SCSU men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams were ranked in the top 10 of the College Swim Coaches of America poll.
- ESPN The Magazine All-Academic District Five football honors went to two Huskies. Sophomore defensive lineman Ryan Kees, of Eagan, was named to the football second team. The mechanical engineering major, who led the Huskies in quarterback sacks in 2006, was also named to the NCC All-Academic team and NCC Commissioner’s Honor Roll. Community health major and senior volleyball standout Lindsey Gothe, of Elk River, was placed on the ESPN third team, the NCC All-Academic team and the NCC Commissioner’s Honor Roll.
<< Previous | Contents | Next >>