Picturing SCSU students
Monday, April 4, 2005What does the typical SCSU student “look” like? Here’s the statistical picture:
- Average age on arrival is 18.
- Four in five are 18-24.
- Four in five entered right after high school.
- 25% are from the St. Cloud area, 22% are from the Twin Cities, 86% are Minnesotans.
- One in three started college undecided on a major.
- Undergraduates spend $6,050 a year for tuition, books and fees.
- If an international student, he or she comes from one of 85 countries,
most likely Nepal, Japan or India.
- One in five works on campus, earning an average $2,200 a year.
- One in five lives in a campus residence hall.
- Two in five have grants, which do not have to be repaid.
- One in five attends part-time.
- One in five has a scholarship.
- Half are receiving loans.
- The majority, 55%, are female.
- Most likely to major in elementary education, mass
communications, marketing, accounting or finance.
- Nearly one in 10 is in graduate school.
- If a graduate student, twice as likely to be female as male.
- More than half who earn master’s degrees are in education.
<< Previous | Contents | Next >>