Tuesday, August 11, 2009
President Earl H. Potter III will address staff and faculty at Convocation 2009.
Environmental sustainability, technologies, teaching techniques, racism and campus resources are among the themes at Fall Convocation, St. Cloud State University's annual assembly of employees, ideas and information.
The four-day convocation begins 9 a.m. Aug. 18 in Ritsche Auditorium with President Earl H. Potter III's address to faculty and staff.
The newest members of the university's leadership team -- Provost Devinder M. Malhotra and Craig Wruck, vice president for university advancement -- will also share remarks.
Malhotra and Wruck will be welcomed at an Atwood Memorial Center (AMC) reception following the opening program.
Robert Costanza, a scholar of ecological economics, will deliver a keynote presentation 9 a.m. Aug. 19 in Ritsche Auditorium. Learn more about Costanza.
Other events of note include:
- Faculty will share sustainability experiences from classroom, scholarly and service activities 11 a.m. Aug. 19 in AMC Voyageurs North
Convocation program (PDF)
- Learn about technology tools, including social media and cloud computing, 11 a.m. Aug. 19 in the Miller Center
- Join a hands-on workshop about building a quality online course 8 a.m. Aug. 21 in the Miller Center
- Faculty will present four years of survey data about the university's racial issues curriculum 1:30 p.m. Aug. 19 in AMC Voyageurs South
- Get an update on new library resources and services 9 a.m. Aug. 20 in the Miller Center
The sustainability theme -- a key part of the president's address -- will be the focus of a locally grown foods buffet Aug. 19 in AMC Cascade.
Convocation 2009 is managed by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, St. Cloud State's engine for inquiry and critical engagement.
St. Cloud State University