Huskies in West Regional final
Saturday, March 29, 2014
Men's Husky Hockey players celebrate their overtime win at the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey West Regional.
Men's Husky Hockey (22-10-5) is one game from a return trip to the Frozen Four, the apex experience of NCAA Division I men's ice hockey.
An overtime game-winning goal by senior captain Nic Dowd (Huntsville, Ala.) gave the Huskies a 4-3 win over Notre Dame March 29 at the NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey West Regional in St. Paul.
Assisting on the goal was sophomore David Morley (Richmond Hill, Ontario). Junior goaltender Ryan Faragher (Fort Frances, Ontario) recorded 39 saves.
Coach Bob Motzko ’89 and the team play University of Minnesota in the regional final 6:30 p.m. March 30 at Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul. The winner advances to the Frozen Four April 10 and April 12 in Philadelphia.
St. Cloud State is hosting a 3:30 p.m. March pre-game social at The Liffey Irish Pub, on Seventh Street, a half block west of Xcel Energy Center.
- Purchase tickets
- Hear the final call on KVSC 88.1 FM by Scott Gross (Pierz) and Gina Carlson (Avon)
- View photos from the wild final moments and celebration
- Read the St. Cloud Times story by Mick Hatten ’89
- Read the game story and notes/quotes piece by Tom Nelson of Athletic Media Relations
- View the box score for game details
St. Cloud State University