Free application month
Friday, October 25, 2013
Through Oct. 31, St. Cloud State is waiving application fees for domestic undergraduate applicants.
The promotion is part of College Knowledge Month, an initiative of the Minnesota Office of Higher Education.
Objectives of College Knowledge Month are:
- To help schools establish and/or build upon a culture of college-readiness.
- To communicate to all students the importance of preparing for and applying to college.
- To engage and inform underrepresented students (first-generation college students, students of color, and low-income students) about postsecondary opportunities, culminating in the application process.
- To provide a statewide message and excitement about exploring and planning for college.
- To increase the number of Minnesota seniors who complete the college admissions process.
College Knowledge Month grew out of the former College Application Week. The change is based on feedback from College Application Week site coordinators, volunteers and stakeholders.
The month-long effort will allow students to do more than just submit an application, according to Office of Higher Education officials. Applying is but one step in the college application process.
Not all Minnesota colleges and universities are offering free applications all month long for College Knowledge Month. Many are opting to waive applications for one week.
St. Cloud State University