Hall of Fame brunch and ceremony
Thursday, September 19, 2013
St. Cloud State will induct seven people into its Husky Athletics Hall of Fame and posthumously honor high school girls' sports pioneer Carol Smith.
Learn about the Husky Athletics Hall of Fame
Buy Hall of Fame, football and hockey tickets at scsutickets.com
Read a feature about the 2011 National Girls and Women in Sports Day
Join the Husky Club
The bunch and induction ceremony begin 10 a.m. Oct. 12 at the renovated and expanded Herb Brooks National Hockey Center. Cost is $25 for adults and $10 for children. Register by Oct. 4.
Class of 2013 inductees are:
- Arlynn Anderson, men's gymnastics coach, 1966-78
- John Blomlie '64 '73, basketball and football, 1960-64
- Craig Dahl, men's hockey coach, 1987-2005
- Richie Douglas '92, wrestling, 1986-91
- Jack Harrison '64, basketball, 1961-64
- Sarah (Loquai) DeJarnett '99, swimming and diving, 1994-98
- Tina (Schreiner) Pendergast '02, basketball, 1997-2002
- Distinguished Service Award honoree Carol Smith '69 (posthumous)
Smith taught 32 years at Paynesville High School. She established girls’ sports programs there by coaching basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, and track and field. Smith also pioneered St. Cloud State women's intercollegiate athletics, playing on the inaugural 1969 Husky Softball squad.
The inductees will be recognized during first intermission of the 7:37 p.m. Oct. 11 men's Husky Hockey home opener versus Bemidji State University.
The 2013 Western Collegiate Hockey Association championship banner will be unveiled at 7:15 p.m.
Inductees will also be introduced in Husky Stadium at half-time of the 1 p.m. Oct. 12 Husky Football game against University of Minnesota-Crookston.
For more information, contact Cheryl Boesche at 320-308-3101 or email@example.com.
St. Cloud State University