Family Weekend 2012
Saturday, September 22, 2012
St. Cloud State University will host students and their families Sept. 28-30 for the University’s annual Family Weekend during the first Celebrate! St. Cloud State event of the 2012-13 school year.
Family Weekend allows families to experience St. Cloud State and to spend a weekend in their student’s shoes.
Registration is $20 for adults. Children ages 4-12 are $5, three and younger are free. All St. Cloud State students also are free of charge. Those who wish to attend the St. Cloud State football game can purchase discounted tickets for $10 (St. Cloud State students can attend the game for free). Registration is encouraged before Sept. 28. In-person registration is offered during the event, but the availability of some portions is limited. In-person registration is accepted via cash or check only.
- Visit the Family Weekend website for full schedule
- Register at scsutickets.com. Registration problems? Call Marion Sell at 320-308-4085.
- Area dining deals
- Hotel discounts
Friday’s activities include:
- Free admission to the Atwood Underground for bowling, billiards and table tennis
- Ferris wheel on the Atwood Mall
- Pixar’s “Brave” will be showing in the Atwood Memorial Center Theatre.
Saturday’s events begin with the Husky Spirit 5k and 1k junior run. This activity is sponsored by St. Cloud State Campus Recreation and offers chances to win a variety of prizes. Registration the day of the event is $20.
The weekend will also showcase the many cultures and traditions at St. Cloud State. Other Saturday events include:
- Family Weekend Carnival from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Atwood Memorial Center featuring a Ferris wheel, airbrush tattoos, caricature artists and a Husky sports pep rally.
- Enjoy the Husky Tailgate from 3-6 p.m. in the Husky Stadium parking lots. Activities include karaoke, inflatables and bean bag toss. From 4-5:30 p.m., first year and transfer students and their families can attend a tailgate picnic in K Lot, just south of Husky Stadium.
- At 6 p.m., the Huskies will play the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs at Husky Stadium. Students and families are encouraged to attend.
On Sunday, students and families can participate in a number of self-guided events or enjoy some of the sites and restaurants the St. Cloud area has to offer.
St. Cloud State University