Student Employee nominees
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Nine student employees have been nominated for the 2011
St. Cloud State University Student Employee of the Year award. The winner will
be announced on Wednesday, April 6, along with three runner-ups.
Nominated students work on campus and in partnering community schools and agencies. The St. Cloud State Student Employee of the Year nominees are:
- Victoria Bizzoto, Ham Lake, Minn., enrolled in the Master of Business Administration program. Employed at the Herberger College of Business – Department of Management and nominated by Orn Bodvarsson
- Ally Burton, Elk River, Minn., majoring in communication arts and literature education. Employed at the Center for International Studies nominated by Nichole Pazdernik
- D. Venushika Gunawardane, Nawala, Sri Lanka, majoring in electrical engineering. Employed at University Advancement and nominated by Sharon Carter
- Laurann Johnson, Sandstone, Minn., majoring in finance. Employed at the Herberger College of Business – Dean’s Office and nominated by Mary Jo Klaverkamp
- Xue (Sherry) Li, Tianjin, China, majoring in graphic design. Employed at the Atwood Memorial Center and nominated by Brent Delong
- Prasad Malwimada, Kandy, Sri Lanka, majoring in biochemistry. Employed at the Chemistry Department and nominated by Latha Ramakrishnan
- Justin Rhodes, White Bear Lake, Minn, majoring in network information systems. Employed at Learning Resources and Technology Support and nominated by Casey Gordon
- Evelyn Saxon, St. Cloud, Minn, majoring in criminal justice. Employed at the American Indian Center and nominated by Sheryl Garcia
- Ka Vang, Brooklyn Center, Minn., majoring in information systems. Employed at Human Resources and Payroll and nominated by Jeanne Duininck, Alice Emslader, Judy Ruegemer and Pat Thielman
Students were nominated for reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism and uniqueness of contribution. Eligible students are: an undergraduate student employed on or off campus; a graduate student who is currently on student payroll performing a student employee job and employed for a minimum of three months full-time or six months part-time between June 1, 2010 and May 31, 2001.
The St. Cloud State Student Employee of the Year will be entered into the state student of the year competition. Photos of the nominees will be on display at the Atwood Memorial Center, Miller Center Library and on the Financial Aid Office website.
All St. Cloud State student employees are honored during National Student Employment Week April 10-16 for their contributions to the university and community.
The Student Employee of the Year Program is a national program designed to individually recognize students who have made outstanding contributions to the campus and community through their employment and is sponsored in partnership with the St. Cloud State Career Services Office, the Student Employment Services Office and the Financial Aid Office.
St. Cloud State University