RAS, ACR and MTQ Programs are hosting an Information Session on Thursday June 17, 2014, 6:30 - 8:00 PM for anyone interested in knowing more about these Master's Programs. For details, click on the link. INFORMATIONAL SESSION
- The StarTribune medical device reporter, Jim Walsh came to the SCSU medtech master’s programs Job Fair / Networking event in Maple Grove on March 12th and spent well over an hour interviewing students, staff, and industry representatives. His article, “St. Cloud State programs foster med-tech careers” was published on the front page of the StarTribune business section on March 15th and is posted online: http://www.startribune.com/business/250418841.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue This event had 18 substantial medical device industry companies participating and representing well over 2/3 of the employment for the medical device industry in Minnesota.
- On the evening of March 11th, the MS-MTQ program associate director, Brian Rembish, made a presentation on this program at the Minnesota ASQ monthly meeting held at Crowne Plaza in Plymouth, MN. The attendance was about 70 with the majority that work in the medical device industry. To see more details click on this link: http://mnasq.org/spotlight/0314pgm/
- Individual MSMTQ courses can be taken on an independent basis and can be excellent for training and professional development. Registration is on a space available basis. This coming summer 2014, the following courses are being offered and starting on May 5th:
- MTQ-628: Design Control and Product Development
- MTQ-638: Supplier Development and Management
To see more details of the classes content check out the course catalog link on the bottom of the "About MTQ" page. To see the class schedule and the instructor teams go to the "Schedule" page and click on the "detailed schedule" link at the top of the page.
- The grand opening of the new ISELF facility was held on August 21st, 2013. This integrated Science & Engineering facility is a powerful new tool for SCSU, students, and industries which was conceptualized by former Dean of the College of Science & Engineering, Dr. David DeGroote who was also the founder of the three Master of Science programs in medical technology including this program. Here are links to news articles on the opening of this new facility at SCSU.
- Some recent articles were published online that talk about the employment and salaries in the medical device industry that includes both Quality and Regulatory. Here are the links:
- 6/20/12 – Program Announcement: St. Cloud State offers master’s in medical technology quality
The Quality profession is critical for medtech business success in ensuring high quality standards that meet the needs of FDA, International Regulatory, and ultimately patient safety. The Master of Science in Medical Technology Quality program is designed in close collaboration with the medtech industry to provide students with the necessary tools and competencies needed to be effective professionals and leaders in medical technology Quality. It will build a solid foundation for students wishing to enter this profession and help to expand and strengthen the knowledge of current Quality professionals.
The program is designed for working professionals with classes offered evenings and weekends at the SCSU Twin Cities Graduate Center in Maple Grove. Courses will be taught primarily by industry experts in this field with many years of practical experience and leadership working for medical device and technology companies. The program will also leverage the expertise of select University Professors that specialize in key knowledge areas. Like the Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Research Masters programs this program’s direction and evolution will also be guided by the same but expanded Medtech Industry Advisory Board made up of some of the industry’s top executive leadership in Quality and related fields.
Check out the rest of this website to learn more about this exciting new program. If you don’t find answers to all your questions, the SCSU staff will be happy to help.
To be sent updates on program enhancements, class schedules and new offerings, complete and submit this form.