Faculty / Staff
Glenn M. Street , Ph.D.
Professor of Biomechanics
Human Performance Laboratory
Halenbeck Hall 111
St. Cloud State University
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud , MN 56301
Phone: (320) 308-3908
Fax: (320) 308-5399
- PESS 248 Anatomy
- PESS 249 Anatomy/Kinesiology
- PESS 448/548 Biomechanics
- PESS 620 Seminar in Exercise and Sport Science
- PESS 626 Laboratory Techniques in Exercise and Sport Science II
- PESS 631 Advanced Principles in Biomechanics
Current Research Interests
- Sport equipment design
- Prosthetic design
- Vertical jump performance
- Goswami J., Lynn R., Street G., Harlander M. (2003). Walking in a vacuum-assisted socket shifts the stump fluid balance. Prosthetics and Orthotics International, 23, 107-113.
- Beil, T.L., Street, G.M. and Covey, S.J. (2002). Interface pressures during ambulation using suction and vacuum-assisted prosthetic sockets. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 39(6), 693-700.
- Board, W.J., Street, G.M. and Caspers, C. (2001). A comparison of trans-tibial amputee suction and vacuum socket conditions. Prosthetics and Orthotics International, 25, 202-209.
- Street, G.M., McMillan, S., Board, W., Rasmussen, M. and Heneghan, J.M. (2001). Sources of error in determining countermovement jump height with the impulse method. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 17(1), 43-54.
- Covey, S.J., Muonio, J. and Street, G.M. (2000). Flow constraint and loading rate effects on prosthetic liner material and human tissue mechanical response. Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics, 12(1).
- Street, G.M. and Frederick, E.C. (1995). Method for measuring skier generated forces during roller ski skating. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 11(3), 245-256.
- Street, G.M. and Gregory, R.W. (1994). Relationship between glide speed and Olympic performance. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 10(4), 393-399.
- Gregory, R.W., Humphreys, S.E. and Street, G.M. (1994). Kinematic analysis of skating technique of Olympic skiers in the women's 30 km race. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 10(4), 382-392.
- Street, G.M. (1992). Technological advances in cross-country ski equipment. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 24(9), 1048-1054.
- Street, G.M. (1989). Biomechanics of cross country skiing. In M. J. Casey, C. Foster, & E. Hixon (Eds.), Winter Sports Medicine . F.A. Davis Company.
- Frederick, E.C. & Street, G.M. (1988). Nordic ski racing: biomedical and technical improvements in cross-country skiing. Scientific American . pp. 20-22.
- Ph.D. Exercise and Sports Science: Biomechanics, Pennsylvania State University , 1988
- M.S. Special Studies: Exercise Physiology, St. Cloud State University , 1983
- B.A. Sociology, St. Cloud State University , 1979