Resources for J-1 Exchange Students
- On-Campus Employment: This page will give you information and resources on your eligibility for on-campus employment at St. Cloud State University.
- Academic Training: Here you will find information on internships, eligibility, and the authorization process.
- Social Security Numbers (currently under construction)
Other Helpful Information
- Maintaining J-1 Status: Here are some helpful reminders to maintain your immigration status. If you have more detailed questions please come and talk with a CIS advisor.
- Replacement of Lost or Stolen Documents: Here you will find the documents required to replace your lost or stolen documents.
- Travel Out of or Within the U.S: Here are some helpful travel reminders.
Forms You May Need
- Authorization for the Release of Student Information:
- Program Extension: This page will explain the process to extend your DS-201 should you need more time to complete your studies at SCSU. .
- Inviting Your Spouse or Child to Join You in the U.S.: The process to request a dependent DS-2019 will be explained here.
- Student & Scholar Letter Request: Here you will be able to request invitation letters for visa appointments so your friends and family can visit you in the United States.
- Reduced Course Load: This page will explain the immigration reasons as to why a student could be enrolled in less than a full-course load and how to proceed.