How to Become a J-1 Exchange Visitor at SCSU


If you are interested in teaching or doing research at St. Cloud State University, you should:


  1. Contact the following school/college in which you would like to teach or do research.
  2. Once an arrangement is made, confirm with the respective department the dates, purpose, and funding for your position.
  3. Complete the application process with the academic department which can be found here.
  4. The SCSU department hosting your position will submit the request for your immigration paperwork (DS-2019) from the Center for International Studies for processing.
  5. The SCSU department hosting your position will then mail all immigration paperwork to you so you may apply for your J-1 visa and make travel arrangements.
  6. Upon your arrival at SCSU, please check-in with your sponsoring department.