International Students Weekly Bulletin
International Culture Camp - ACSS Cultural Event
St. Cloud Area School District 742 Community Education is offering International Culture Camp, an enrichment summer camp for students grades 6-8, that will be a unique way for the children to experience and explore different countries and cultures.
International Culture Camp will include presentations about the country, songs and dances, games and other activities. At the end of the camp day, students will sample some food from the country itself.
St. Cloud Area School District 742 Community Education is looking for International volunteers who would be willing to present their country.The volunteer will be kindly asked to:
- Arrange the activities to present the country. The activities can include but are not limited to: presentation, traditional games, sports, traditional art, teaching dances or songs, cooking food. (You will have only 3 hours to present your country and culture.
- Provide a list of supplies that may be needed for your presentation.
These are some ideas, volunteers will be free to arrange any other activities to present their country the best way.
The camp will take place the week of July 15-July 18, 2013 at Discovery Community School, Room 144, enter door #7. You will be assigned 1 day of this week to present your country.
The camp will run from ------------ 1pm-4pm
- 3 hour commitment of time.
- If you are a St. Cloud State University student you could possibly count it as a culture sharing activity for your scholarship.
- All applications must be received by Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Please contact Blair Lyerly-Samuelson with any questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-529-6500 ext 6274
Follow the link below to apply to volunteer:
* If you would like your message to be considered for the Weekly Bulletin, e-mail email@example.com with a description of the event. Messages must be received by Tuesday at 4:30 p.m.