International Students Weekly Bulletin
Inner Tube Float Trip
Inner Tube Float Trip
SUNDAY AUGUST 12, 2012
12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
Join your Little Falls Friends for a float down the Platte River on inner tubes. This fun water experience will be Sunday, August 12th, 2012 starting at the Two Rivers Campground (north of Rice, MN).
This tubing experience is very relaxing as you leisurely float through the beautiful Platte River Valley. You do not need to know how to swim since the river is quite shallow and safe. Wear your swim suit and some old tennis shoes/water shoes. Sit back and relax as you enjoy a wonderful 3 1/2 mile float with your community friends from Little Falls. We'll conclude the afternoon with a light snack in the park. You'll be back to campus by 5:30 p.m.
Here are the details on how to register:
1. Register at the Center of International Studies or email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10
Name_________________ Gender_____ Country_____________ Phone_________________ Email_____________________________
Do you need Transportation? __________ Do you have a car and are you willing to drive?______
2. Pay at the Center of International Studies:
$10.00 for members of Little Falls Friends Student Organization
$15.00 for Non members
$5.00 for transportation fees
3. Complete the Waiver of Liability form and Emergency Contact Form at the Center for International Studies
- Wear your swimming suit and some old tennis shoes or water shoes.
- Bring along a towel, change of clothing and a sweet or salty snack to share with the group after the float. Finger food would be best. We'll have cold beverages for everyone.
- If you have car, consider inviting others to ride with you and let them help pay for the gas.
- Meet at 12:00 noon on the north side of Atwood Center to caravan to the Two Rivers Campground.
- Let others know of this fun summer outing on the river.
- If weather is bad, we'll plan an afternoon of indoor games so rain or shine, we look forward to spending the day with you.
If you have questions, contact Lois Hokanson email@example.com
* If you would like your message to be considered for the Weekly Bulletin, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the event. Messages must be received by Tuesday at 4:30 p.m.