Design for E-learning
The graduate level Design for E-learning Certificate, offered by the Department of Information Media (IM) at St. Cloud State University, is intended for people interested in increasing their use of distributed learning technologies in schools, business, government, and industry. The certificate complements other majors, especially those in education and business. People may also take these courses as continuing education to upgrade their skills.
The certificate in Design for E-Learning is designed for full-time or part-time students. Classes are offered in the evening during the academic year and during the day in summer. All classes are available through distance technology. Students may attend class face to face or synchronously from a distance through the Web.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Candidates will apply knowledge and skills in learning design, multimedia production skills, and creative abilities to design instructional strategies, content structure and tasks, and use on-line techniques for delivery and assessment of learning packages.
- Candidates will develop knowledge and skills for project management and implementation.
- Candidates will demonstrate knowledge, technical skills, and tool skills for authoring, creating interactions, animations (such as Flash or Director), use of CMS (Course management System) or LMS (Learning Management System) applications, and use of Web tools.
- Candidates will demonstrate knowledge and skills in facilitation of synchronous and asynchronous interaction and administration of online instruction.
- Design, development. and delivery of instruction, including distributed or e-learning
- Business, industry, and government training
- Online education programs
- Management of e-learning support services
Apply for Certificate
Students interested in the Design for E-Learning Graduate Certificate should meet with a graduate advisor in the Information Media Department. Contact the HURL\IM office at (320) 308-2062 to make arrangements.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Meet the School of Graduate Studies GPA Requirements
- Completion of IM 554 and IM 555, equivalent courses, or a portfolio review demonstrating equivalent skills
- Submit the Application for Admission to the School of Graduate Studies
- Submit the Program and Student Data forms to your IM advisor
- On completion of all required courses, submit the Certificate Completion Application to the School of Graduate Studies
- The GRE is NOT required for admission to certificate programs
- Letters of recommendation are not required
- Graduate Admissions Home Page
- Financing your education
- Information Media Scholarships
- Course Offering Plan 2013 through 2017
St. Cloud State University Catalog
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
Certain undergraduate and graduate certificates at St. Cloud State University prepare students for employment in specific fields and do not result in a degree. Federal law requires publication of data associated with those programs of study, including approximate program costs, program length, and employment statistics. The Minnesota State Colleges and University's (MnSCU) Chancellor's office has provided these reports containing the aforementioned information for all required programs.