Spring 2014 Office Hours:
- Monday: 9:00 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday: 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Other times by appointment
Spring 2014 Course:
- IM 502 Information Media: Theory, Research, and Practice - Monday, 5:00 p.m.-7:45 p.m.
Thompson, M. E., Ed.D.
Professor of Information Media
Graduate and Undergraduate Faculty
- Ed.D Indiana University 1985 Instructional Systems Technology
- M.Ed. Utah State University 1979 Instructional Technology
- B.S. University of Southern Maine 1973 Biology
- 1989-Present St. Cloud State University, Professor
- 1999-2000 St. Cloud Area Schools, Media Specialist (on sabbatical leave from University)
- 1984-1989 University of Wisconsin-Stevens point, Assistant Professor
- 1980-1983 Indiana University, Graduate Assistant & Associate Instructor
- 1974-1980 University of Maine-Farmington, Photographic Specialist & Instructor
- 1977-1978 Utah State University, Graduate Assistant
- 1973-1974 East Corinth, Maine, Junior High School Teacher
Courses Taught 1989-Present
- IM 104 Information Quest
- IM 204 Research Strategies
- IM 260 Exploring Information Technologies
- IM 404-504 Instructional Design I
- IM 421-521 Information, Technology and Learning for Elementary Education
- IM 454-554 Microcomputer Applications in Education and Training
- IM 455-555 Design & Preparation of Multimedia Presentations I
- IM 473 Photography in Media
- IM 483-583 Design and Preparation of Media Presentations II
- IM 502 Information Media: Theory, Research, and Practice
- IM 612 Technology in the Workplace
- IM 628 Administration of Media
- IM 646 Multimedia Software
- IM 655 Technological Applications in Educational Administration
- APSY 463 Theories of Learning (team taught with faculty member of Applied Psychology Dept.)
- A variety of seminars and workshops dealing with integrating technology into education and training