Emeriti Retiree Benefits & Criteria
St. Cloud State University has achieved its fine reputation through the efforts of many dedicated, creative and hard-working faculty and staff. Many have served SCSU and its students for a major portion of their working lives. It is, therefore, fitting that the university honor these valued employees through a special designation and benefits accompanying that designation. The following outlines the benefits and the criteria for this designation.
Attain minimum retirement age
- Minimum of 10 years full-time equivalent service
- If retiree is under 60, years of service plus age should equal 70
- Complimentary parking permit
- Listing in the campus directory
- Social activities hosted by the President and/or Alumni Association
- Continued use of faculty/staff identification card enabling access to cultural events, recreational facilities, the library, and employee rates for ticketed events
- Academic e-mail and computer support (except for research projects or other extensive uses)
- Business cards that identify emeriti status are available for purchase through SCSU Printing Services
Many retired SCSU employees have expressed an interest in performing a variety of volunteer tasks for the university. These include:
- assisting with alumni events and correspondence
- international programs
- thesis committee member
- student recruitment
- campus beautification
- general studies advising
Questions about volunteer opportunities may be directed to the Office of University Advancement, 320-308-5370.
Notification regarding retiree status will come from the Office of the President.