Admission to Program
If at all possible, we recommend a visit to the Human Performance Lab before applying. We think this is your best check to determine whether the program is a good fit. To set up a visit, please contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (320-308-3105).
Admission to Program: Requirements
Minimally, an applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Possess an undergraduate degree
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher in biology, chemistry, math, physics and statistics courses
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)scores with the following minimums in both the quantitative and analytical sections.
- Achieve a verbal score > 152 (Pre August 2011 500 or >)
- Achieve a quantitative score > 143 (Pre August 2011 500 or >)
- Special studies applicants with lower GRE scores will be considered.
- Be proficient in English. See the TOEFL Requirements for applicants whose native language is not English
Admission to Program: Checklist
The following items must be received by the Graduate School Office before your application will be reviewed.
- Completed Graduate Student Admission Application form.
- Application fee paid in full to SCSU.
- One official educational transcript.
- GRE scores.
- Three letters of recommendation.
A standard letter of recommendation form needs to be completed by your three references. Further details about these items and the downloadable letter of recommendation form, as well as special directions for international applicants, are available on the Admissions Checklist web page.
Admission to Program: Timeline
While there is some flexibility in the application process, most applicants planning to start fall semester should make note of the recommended timeline.
|No later than March 1|
|Visit with the SCSU faculty and students if possible.|
|No later than April 1|
|University receives all application materials.|
|First notice to all applicants of their acceptance status.|
Admission to Program: Apply Now
To apply online, or request printed forms instead, visit the Apply to SCSU web page.