Adult Fitness Program
Six tests are part of the standard assessment.
- Treadmill or cycling exercise test (aerobic fitness is assessed by heart rate, blood pressure, and 12-lead electrocardiographic (EKG) responses).
- Body composition (underwater weighing and/or skinfolds).
- Pulmonary (lung) function.
- Flexibility and abdominal strength.
- Total cholesterol screening.
- Nutritional analysis.
For participants who are in a higher risk category, a physician monitors the EKG responses (electrical activity of the heart) during the exercise test.
Consultation: Following laboratory testing, results of each evaluation are discussed in detail and plans are made for implementing programs designed for health enhancement. A packet of printed materials and a program T-shirt are presented following the consultation. In addition, a personal fitness and nutrition prescription is developed after the consultation and mailed to the participant.