Thank you for your interest at the Honors Program. Whether you are a senior in high school, a first-year student at St. Cloud State, or a transfer student, we believe in your potential to join the honors program. Being an Honors student is a resume booster, giving you the edge with employers, graduate, med, or law schools.
- Priority registration for classes after first semester
- Smaller, innovative classes focusing on discussion and utilizing speakers, field trips, projects, and team teaching. Average class size: 16 students.
- A voice in how the program develops and operates: curriculum, evaluation, and admissions committees are all student-directed.
- The opportunity to study at Oxford University, England
- Compatibility with any academic major or minor.
- The option of living on an Honors floor in the residence halls, enriching friendships within the Honors learning community.
- Honors scholarships for top students, including the Deeann Griebel award for community involvement.
- A forum to formally present research projects, both regionally and nationally, through participation in the National Collegiate Honors Council and Midwestern Regional Honors Conference and the All Honors Research Colloquium.