Current St. Cloud State professors have the opportunity to teach Honors classes that address one or more of the ten goal areas in the Liberal Arts Education curriculum. Faculty has the opportunity to provide integrated, cohesive educational experiences and academically challenging courses to committed students.
The discussion-based class model includes:
- Moral and Ethical Questions. Engage in big, cognitive moral questions.
- Diversity. Engage with diverse populations and a changing global society.
- Leadership. The classroom is a place to promote and develop leadership skills among students.
If you are interested in making a difference in the Husky Honors Community, contact the Director Dan Macari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development for Current Faculty
We know how much value the current Honors Faculty brings to the program and in order to reward each one of them, we currently offer:
- Monthly meetings
- Faculty Meet and Greet
- Spring and Fall Dinners
- National Collegiate Honors Council Conference
- Student and Faculty Meet and Greet
Faculty of the Year Award
The Honors Program recognizes a faculty who has positively impacted students' experience in the program. The winner is chosen by Honors students every year. These are the recognized professors: