Admission to Honors
(March 15 - Transfer students)
Download the University Honors Program Application (For new students).
216 Centennial Hall
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
What are we looking for?
- Engaged and Active Learners
- In or Near The Top 10% of Graduating Class
- College Prep Courses and/or Challenging Curriculum
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Community Service
- Strong College Test Scores
- Writing Ability
- Well-rounded Individuals
Applying to Honors
Applying to the Honors program is as simple as filling out an application. Interviews are not required of most applicants.
High school seniors and transfer students are encouraged to apply to the Honors Program. The Application for the UHP requests the following information:
Educational and Background Experience
- ACT/PSAT/SAT Scores
- Class Rank
- High School GPA and Courses Taken
- Activities/Organizations/Volunteer Work
Applicants must answer one of the following essay questions:
- Select a book that has special significance to you. Explain why.
- You're filling in your travel journal. Complete the following journal entry: The first day I studied abroad . . .
Please attach a separate page with your essay question and response, using a guideline of approximately 300 words. Be sure to include your name and address on your essay materials.
The application for new students is available here.
Admission for current students is an opportunity to SCSU students to apply for acceptance into the Honors Program. Students must meet the requirements outlined here in order to be eligible to apply.
The requirements include:
- 3.00 cumulative GPA (for students who have complete more than one semester)
- 12 credit hours in progress or completed at SCSU
- Community Service Involvement
The fulfillment of the requirements listed above does not constitute automatic admission to the Honors Program. In addition to the fulfillment of the requirements listed above, applications will be evaluated based upon SCSU grades, rigor of coursework, and the overall quality of the application, including the required essay and teacher evaluation.
The application for current SCSU students is available here.