Program Distinction (EdD)
Higher Education Administration Doctoral Program:
- Prestigious. A flagship institution in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, SCSU is an accredited institution with a history of excellence since 1869.
- Established Faculty. Professors have strong academic credentials and are accomplished professionals who engage you in a mix of research, theory, and real-life experiences.
- Convenience. Small class sizes and a weekend schedule are designed to meet the needs of working professionals. Courses are typically offered during Friday evenings and Saturdays. Students usually take two courses per semester (fall, spring, and summer) and concentrate on one course at a time. Each course typically meets three weekends.
- Program Length. Coursework can be completed in eight semesters. The dissertation proposal, research, and final defense vary depending on the student’s research timeline with a minimum of one additional year.
- Cohort Approach. A cohort approach is offered with up to 15 students progressing together through the curriculum. This fosters a learning community where students support one another and provides a network after graduation.
- Location. Courses are offered on the St. Cloud campus or at the Twin Cities Graduate Center in Maple Grove.
- Global Outreach. The University’s international student enrollment is ranked 13th nationally among master’s granting institutions according to the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York City. It is proud of its strong international program with 1,000 students from more than 82 nations. Every year more than 450 students study abroad in one of 15 countries. SCSU was recognized for its excellence in integrating international education across all aspects of the uniersity with a 2013 Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization. The doctoral program infuses internationalization and globalization into the curriculum. It also offers courses to discover Universities in the European context with an education abroad opportunity in Italy.
- Wealth of Resources. SCSU offers a $32.5 million state-of-the-art Learning Resource Center and smart technology classrooms with wireless network connection. It offers a wealth of training workshops, writing tutors, statistical consulting, and research assistance to prepare your dissertation. Additional student resources can be found at: stcloudstate.edu/graduatestudies/doctoralstudies/students.asp
- Smart Investment. Our competitive tuition combined with a tradition of excellence is a smart investment in a global education which prepares you for the 21st century. SCSU offers generous assistantships, scholarships, and financial resources to assist students as you pursue your degree.
- Career Opportunities. The doctoral program increases your skills and builds rewarding career opportunities for professional practice of higher education administration throughout the world.