2008-2009 Student Honors & Recognition
Target Corporation awards students $4,000 in Case Study Competition
Target Corporation awarded a $4,000 case study grant to Dr. Olivia Lee for her Spring 2009 Strategic Marketing course. Twenty-six students competed for four $1,000 awards by preparing and presenting strategies to help Target meet its changing demographic needs. The winning team, Zen Marketing, was comprised of Herberger Business School students Matthew Jensen, Tarek Kotby, Makenzie Hannine, and Michael Watrud. Congratulations, Team Zen Marketing!
Congratulations, Marketing and Business Law Scholarship Winners!
Congratulations to the following Marketing and Business Law scholarship winners:
Robert Calhoun Scholarships
- Cheri Koecher
- Ashlee Anvik
Storms Agency Scholarships
- Jana Schaumberg
- Jessica Lee Brooks
- Michael Roeder
- Brent Erik Kaslow
Dr. Rose Reha Scholarship
- Ben Brendler
Congratulations, Student Research Colloquium Award Winners and Participants!
Congratulations to BCIS students Corey Hemminger, Joseph Meunier, and Christopher Schroeder and their advisor, Professor Dennis Guster, for their honorable mention in Student Research Colloquium paper competition. For their efforts, they received a cash prize and an award certificate.
The following students also participated in the colloquium:
- Michael Condon, Sabina Dangol, Debjani Das, Tian Hou, and Aneeqa Khan sponsored by Dr. Mark Schmidt from the BCIS Department
- Kristen Faidley, Melissa Sanoski, Katherine Thielen, and Jessica Wendland sponsored by Dr. Elaine Davis from the Management Department
- Ritu Shrestha sponsored by Dr. Adesegun Oyedele from the Marketing and Business Law Department
Congratulations, Fall 2009 COBEC Scholarship Recipients!
Congratulations to the recipients of COBEC scholarships for fall 2009:
- Ashley Beier - Accounting & Finance
- Ashley Hillyer - Finance
- Chad Dahlman - Accounting
- Amanda Pionke - Accounting
- Shanna Seidel - Management
- Colleen Alan - Real Estate
- Danielle Meservy - Finance
- Pratikshya Uprety - Finance
- Amber Hall - Pre-Business
- Wenjia Pu - Pre-Business
Congratulations, Fall 2009 Study Abroad Scholarship Recipients!
Congratulations to the recipients of scholarships for fall 2009 study abroad programs:
- Michelle Bechtold - Finance - Ingolstadt, Germany
- Michael Wilson - Finance and Economics - Ingolstadt, Germany
Also, congratulations to the Global Horizons Club study abroad scholarship winner for fall 2009:
- Christina Brown - International Business and Spanish - Concepcion, Chile
Congratulations, 2009 Beta Gamma Sigma Inductees!
Congratulations to the 2009 Beta Gamma Sigma Inductees. Beta Gamma Sigma is an honor society for students enrolled in business and management programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
Congratulations, Summer 2009 Study Abroad Scholarship Recipients!
Congratulations to the recipients of $500 scholarships for summer 2009 study abroad programs:
- Allison Erickson – Accounting – Chile/Argentina
- Thuy Le - International Business – Chile/Argentina
- Tamara Madsen - Management – Chile/Argentina
- Kimberly Nowack - Management – Chile/Argentina
- Hieu Nguyen – Finance – Alnwick, England
- Gretchen Seubert – Marketing – Chile/Argentina
Also, congratulations to the Global Horizons Club $300 study abroad scholarship winners for summer 2009:
- Jonathan Brenny – Marketing – Chile/Argentina
- Thuy Le – International Business – Chile/Argentina
Congratulations, 2009 Excellence in Leadership Award Winners!
The following Herberger Business School students have been awarded the 2009 Excellence in Leadership award:
- Bretta Edwards, Business Management
- Ben Hansen, Business Management
- Rodney Heit, Finance
- Saurav Pandey, Accounting
- Kyle Swanson, Entrepreneurship
- Matthew Weber, Masters of Business Administration
The University Award for Excellence in Leadership identifies and honors students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership while at St. Cloud State University. The program recognizes students who, through their leadership efforts, have made significant contributions to St. Cloud State University and their communities based on an evaluation of their academic commitment and their leadership experiences.