Major in Business
The Herberger Business School offers 8 different majors. Click on the name of the major below for more information.
- Accounting - 4 year degree plan
- Information Systems - 4 year degree plan
- Entrepreneurship - 4 year degree plan
- Finance - 4 year degree plan
- International Business - 4 year degree plan
- Management - 4 year degree plans - General, No Emphasis - Human Resources Emphasis - Operations Management Emphasis
- Marketing - 4 year degree plan
- Real Estate - 4 year degree plan
Students are eligible to apply to a major within the Herberger Business School when they have met all of the pre-business requirements, including:
- An overall GPA of at least 2.65
- Completed at least 45 credits at the time of application
- Completed or enrolled in the following courses:
MUST BE COMPLETED MUST BE COMPLETED OR ENROLLED ACCT 291 * ACCT 292 HBS 111 ** IS 242 * CMST 192 BLAW 235 ENGL 191 CSCI 169 * or CNA 169 * MATH 196 * ECON 205 ECON 206 HBS 211
* A grade of “C-“or better is required.
** HBS 111 is not required for transfer students who have completed 20 or more credits.
A 2.40 GPA and 12 credits earned are required to register for the underlined courses above.
Note: ACCT major requires 3.00 GPA in ACCT 291 and 292.
When you are ready to apply to one of the business majors, simply stop by the Pre-Business Advising Office at Centennial Hall, Suite 229 and request an application for Business major.