About the Herberger Business School
Greetings from the Interim Dean
Welcome to the Herberger Business School, one of a distinguished group of business schools that has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International! AACSB International accreditation is acknowledged to be the “gold standard” of business education accreditation.
Less than 5% of all business schools through-out the world have met the rigorous standards established by the AACSB and we are very proud of this accomplishment. In the State of Minnesota currently, there are only five business programs that are accredited by AACSB International at both the undergraduate and MBA levels: St. Cloud State University’s Herberger Business School, University of St. Thomas, University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota-Duluth, and Minnesota State University-Mankato. AACSB International accreditation ensures that our graduates have the decision-making tools and analytical skills, the communication and technology skills, the ethical values, and a global understanding of the business world to succeed in their careers.
Beyond AACSB accreditation, why should you enroll in our business program? Of special note:
- Ph.D. faculty deliver most of our curriculum and provide the major advising services to students in eight major programs of study.
- Faculty employ active learning methods in electronically enhanced classrooms and assess student achievement to ensure that they are effective in the classroom.
- All of our academic departments have employer advisory boards to ensure that our curriculum is relevant to the needs of our students.
- Less than 3% of our courses have more than 40 students—we understand that small class size is critical to engaging our students in the classroom.
- Each year the school allocates over $300,000 in scholarships.
- We have a strong reputation for our business education-abroad programs. Recent programs include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, England, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Thailand, Fiji, and New Zealand.
- Business students can choose from among thirteen student organizations that provide variety of social and professional development opportunities.
We place the student first in everything we do. The faculty, staff and administrative personnel of our school will do all they can to make your educational experiences both interesting and meaningful. My office door is always open should have you any problems, questions or concerns.
Walter B. Roettger, Ph.D.