News and Announcements
HBS co-hosts venture capital round table
Monday, September 9, 2013
An expert panel, including an advisor to Gov. Mark Dayton, will discuss venture capital in Minnesota 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 17 in the Cascade Room of Atwood Memorial Center.
The event is free and open to the public. Parking is free on streets adjacent to campus and a dollar per hour in the 4th Avenue Parking Ramp.
Organizers expect to spark discussion on the impact of private equity investment deals in the state, which fell in volume in 2012. The discussion will explore financial effects of this decline on Minnesota’s economic growth, jobs and tax revenue.
Also at the discussion table:
- King Banaian, professor of economics, St. Cloud State
- Rick Bauerly, managing partner, Granite Equity Partners, St. Cloud
- Nicholas Conant, financial advisor, Wells Fargo Advisors, Minneapolis
- Sahand Elmtalab, financial advisor, Minneapolis Financial Group
- John Stavig, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
The discussion is hosted the Caux Round Table and these St. Cloud State entities: School of Public Affairs and the Herberger Business School. Since 1986, Minnesota-based Caux Round Table has promoted ethical business practices worldwide.
<< Previous | Next >>