About the School
Accredited for 40 years
In 1976, the Herberger Business School became one of the few accredited business schools in the country. Today we are one of only seven accredited business schools in Minnesota and one of 694 programs in the world.
With 50 terminally qualified faculty, eight business majors, a MBA program, a Master of Science in Information Assurance, education abroad opportunities, and a world-class library, we offer students a contemporary business education in a small, student-friendly environment.
- Accounting graduates' CPA pass rates are regularly among the highest in Minnesota
- Finance students manage the Husky Growth Fund with a portfolio of $190,000
- The Information Systems program was one of the early adopters of IS 2010 certification in the Midwest
- The Marketing program features a Professional Selling Specialization supported by the Northwestern Mutual Professional Sales Lab
- The Real Estate program is one of two accredited programs in the state
- The Human Resources curriculum aligns with the guidelines of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
In 1938, the St. Cloud Teacher's College created a business office and office administration department staffed by two faculty members. By 1948, the program evolved into a business administration program that employed six business faculty. During the 1960's, the department evolved into a college with an MBA and internship program.
In 1976, with five departments and 42 full-time faculty, the college earned AACSB accreditation, distinguishing itself from other business colleges as providing a quality business educational experience comparable to ivy league institutions.
In 1999, the Herberger family endowed the college and it was renamed the G.R. Herberger College of Business.
In 2007, the G.R. Herberger College of Business moved into the renovated Centennial Hall. The new facility enhanced the college's ability to educate students and serve the business community.
In 2011, the college was renamed the Herberger Business School.
Who is G.R. Herberger?
G.R. Herberger was a self-made businessman who believed in giving back to his community. The mission and vision of the Herberger Business School is founded on the values and beliefs Bob Herberger exhibited during his lifetime. Our legacy - his legacy - is the success of our graduates.
We offer opportunities to those who might not otherwise be able to pursue formal business training and to help individuals thrive and give back to their communities.