Find us on Facebook!


Graduate Student Forms

All forms are available in PDF unless otherwise noted.


Certificate Completion

Application for the completion of a graduate certificate program. $10 Certificate completion application fee.

Graduate Assistantship Application

Application for employment as a graduate assistant (turn into department of choice).

Graduation and Commencement

Application to be completed at the beginning of the semester in which the work for the degree will be completed.
Application for Graduation fees: $30 masters, $35 doctoral.

General Graduate Forms

Change of Adviser

For changing graduate advisers.

Committee Approval Form
Request approval of a culminating project committee..

External to SCSU Committee Member Request Form
Request approval of a committee member external to SCSU (community member, faculty member at another institution, etc.).

Undergraduate Permission to take Graduate Courses

For undergraduates who wish to enroll in a graduate courses (submit form to the School of Graduate Studies).

Graduate Overload Petition

To seek permission to enroll in more than 15 credits per semester during the academic year or 15 credits during intersession, summer sessions I and II.

Individual Study Approval Form

To register for 501, 600. 790-795, 890 and other independents study or arranged courses.

Leave of Absence "Stop Out" Request

To request a leave of absence or "stop out" period from a graduate program.

Petition Form

For making class requests, changes to required courses and adding a second or double major.


Registration Petition
For late withdrawal/drop or late add requests (3 page pdf)

Program of Study Form

For filing a program of study with the School of Graduate Studies. Please see additional information below.

Graduate Program Forms

Program forms are needed to confirm your admitted graduate program, notify the School of Graduate Studies of any course substitutions, exceptions to requirements, transfer credits requested and, for students in degree programs with Culminating Project options, of your intended culminating project. This form must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies after acceptance into a graduate program and before 15 graduate credits have been completed.

Degree-seeking and graduate certificate students have a degree audit available through e-Services. For information on the degree audit, please visit Meet with your advisor to review your degree audit and complete your program of study form. Timely completion and submission of a program of study form will ensure that your degree audit is accurate and a useful planning tool.

Students admitted prior to Spring 2009 who do not have a degree audit available should complete the appropriate archived program of study form with your advisor. After you submit the form to the School of Graduate Studies, you will be entered into the degree audit system and notified.

Archived Program of Study Forms