Graduate Student Appreciation Week
March 18th-24th, 2013
Each year the National Association of Graduate and Professional Students encourages colleges and universities to honor their graduate students with a Graduate Student Appreciation Week. Many institutions across the nation set aside one week in late March or early April to celebrate student accomplishments and recognize the contributions of graduate students to the campus. Check out some of the many Graduate Student Contributions.
This year, the School of Graduate Studies has set March 18th-24th as the sixth annual Graduate Student Appreciation Week at St. Cloud State University. Download the Poster and Schedule of events (.pdf). Have children? Check out the family friendly events**.
All Week Events
• Post it! Acknowledge and Celebrate Your GA/TA’s Work at the Atwood Table in the Main Lounge
• Table in Atwood 10am-2pm all week (Atwood first floor near staircase) Students may enter for GSAW prize drawing daily, Information on graduate school, Information on the Graduate Student Organization, and other events
• Fitness Free Week Group classes and Fitness Center, Halenbeck Hall
• Treats and Prize-drawing entry daily at the Twin Cities Graduate Center
Monday, March 18th
- Free Coffee! Beginning at 10am at the Atwood Table
- Free Mini-Massages 11am-1pm, Atwood Table, from Campus Massage Studio
Tuesday, March 19th
- Hands on Formatting Assistance for your Culminating Project 9-11am Centennial Hall Room 351,
Bring your questions and your project on a flash drive
- Graduate Student Health Awareness 10am-2pm, Atwood Table, from Health Promotions
- Dean’s Reception for Graduate Assistants and Supervisors
3:30-5pm, Remarks from the Dean at 4:00pm; Alumni Room and Theatre Lounge in Atwood
Wednesday, March 20th
- FREE Coffee! Beginning at 10am in the School of Graduate Studies, AS 121
- Free Professional Photographs 10am-1pm, Atwood Table, For your e-folio, linked-in or website
- Free Mini-Massages 12-2pm, Atwood Table, from Campus Massage Studio
- Beginners Yoga Class 4-5pm, Apocalypse lower level in Atwood, from Campus Rec
Thursday, March 21st
- Suicide Prevention Training 10:30am-12pm, MC B17, from Student Life and Development
- Free Coffee, Hot Chocolate, and Treats! 5pm-7pm, Education Building main lobby next to Dean’s Office
- Bowling and Ice Cream Social 6pm-8pm, Underground in Atwood
- Local Live Music Series: Folk/Indie Night 7:30pm-9:30pm, Quarry in Atwood, from UPB
Friday, March 22nd
- Feedback Friday 9am-3:30pm, Centennial Hall Rm 215,
Receive feedback on your resume or interview with prospective employers
(C.H. Robinson and Schwan Food Company). Go to SCSUCareers.com or call 320-308-4018 to register.
- Graduate Student Social 4-6pm at Brothers Bar & Grill
Bring your friends and meet fellow graduate students. Appetizers will be provided but any drinks or other food purchases will be at your own expense.
Saturday, March 23rd
- Movie Matinee: The Lorax 4 pm in Atwood Theatre, Free popcorn and pop will be provided
- Late Skate 10-11pm, Hockey Center, from UPB
Sunday, March 24th
- Free Family Swim 1:30-3:30pm in Halenbeck Pool, SCSU graduate students (with SCSU ID) and family members swim for free
- Free Rock Wall Climbing 1-3pm in Student Recreation Center, SCSU graduate students (with SCSU ID) and family members climb for free
Each year campus departments and colleges along with campus and local businesses make Graduate Student Appreciation Week possible. A big thank you to our sponsors!