Graduate Student Appreciation Week
March 19th - 25th, 2017
Each year the National Association of Graduate and Professional Students encourages colleges and universities to honor their graduate students with a Graduate Student Appreciation Week. Many institutions across the nation set aside one week in late March or early April to celebrate student accomplishments and recognize the contributions of graduate students to the campus. Check out some of the many Graduate Student Contributions.
This year, the School of Graduate Studies has set March 19th - 25th as our annual Graduate Student Appreciation Week at St. Cloud State University. A downloadable poster and schedule of events will be posted in late March.
All Week Events
• Table in Atwood 10am-2pm Monday-Thursday (Atwood first floor near staircase) GSAW prize drawing entries, Treats, Information on graduate school, the Graduate Student Organization, and other events
Sunday, March 19th
- FREE Family Climbing Wall, 6:00pm-9:00pm, Halenbeck Hall, Open to all graduate students and their families.
- FREE Family Swim, 6:30pm-8pm, Halenbeck Hall, Open to all graduate students and their families.
Monday, March 20
- Free Coffee, 10am- while supplies last, located at GSAW table, Atwood Main Lounge
- Graduate Resume Workshop, 10:00-11:00am, Miller Center B18 ITV Classroom and online at http://scsuconnect.stcloudstate.edu/gsaw/
- Surviving & Thriving: Aids, Politics and Culture Exhibit, 7:30am-5:00pm Miller Center 1st Floor Reading Court
- Graduate Studies Reception for Graduate Assistants and Supervisors, 3:30pm-5:00pm, Welcome and Remarks at 4:00pm; Glacier in Atwood Memorial Center
Tuesday, March 21
- Professional Photos, 11:00-2:00pm, Atwood Main Lounge, Next to Graduate Studies GSAW table
- ETD Culminating Project Submission Seminar, 3:00-4:00pm, Miller Center B18 and online at http://scsuconnect.stcloudstate.edu/gsaw/
Wednesday, March 22
- Graduate Student Resume Review, 10:00am-11:00am, Miller Center B18 ITV Classroom
- Huskies Internship & Job Fair, 12:00-3:30pm, Atwood Memorial Center Ballroom
- Free Coffee, Administrative Services building room 121, while supplies last.
Thursday, March 23
- LinkedIn Thursday, 1:00pm-4:00pm, Centennial Hall 215
- Get one on one feedback and advice on your LinkedIn profile by SCSU alumni and employers (Students can sign-up via SCSUCareers.com. Must have a resume uploaded into system in order to sign-up for a time.)
- ETD Culminating Project Submission Seminar, 2-3pm, Miller Center B18 or online at http://scsuconnect.stcloudstate.edu/gsaw/
- Graduate Student Appreciation Week Reception, 4:30pm-7:00pm, Brothers Bar & Grill, free nacho bar
Friday, March 24
- Free Donut Friday 8:00am- while supplies last
- Feedback Friday, 9:00am-3:30pm Centennial Hall
- Meet with employers to get feedback on your resume, do a mock interview, ask for career advice or explore employment options (Students can sign-up via SCSUCareers.com. Must have a resume uploaded into system in order to sign-up for a time.)
- Question, Persuade and Refer Training, 12:00pm-1:00pm, Primrose in Atwood Memorial Center, Click link to RSVP, https://stcloudstate.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6W2wfQGCYSHw5Hn RSVP required, lunch will be provided.
Saturday, March 25
- FREE Bowling at The Underground, 1pm-3pm, Open to graduate students and their families.
Each year campus departments and colleges along with campus and local businesses make Graduate Student Appreciation Week possible. A big thank you to our sponsors!
Affinity Plus Credit Union
House of pizza
Affinity Plus Credit Union
Graduate Student Organization
green mill bar and restaurant