Community Education Director (Graduate Certificate)
Community Education Director (Graduate Certificate, Licensure)
The Community Education Director graduate certificate program will prepare you for employment in public community education, community recreation, youth and family education, an area education agency or a regional or state agency. You will take courses in leadership, school law, finances, school/community relations and a field experience in community education. Coursework leads to eligibility for administrative licensure. Coursework is competency based to meet Minnesota State requirements in licensure.
- Courses offered through a blend of online and face-to-face hybrid formats
- Fall, spring and summer courses to accommodate working professionals
- Courses delivered on campus and at St. Cloud State at Plymouth
- Degree completion in one year: 24 credit program
- Faculty members are accomplished professionals with experience in the field
- Practitioner-focused curriculum
- Continue your education with a masters, post-masters and doctorate in Educational Administration and Leadership
- Meets Minnesota Department of Education professional preparation requirements for licensure.
- Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation and Teacher Education and the Minnesota Board of School Administrators.
Certain undergraduate and graduate certificates at St. Cloud State University prepare students for employment in specific fields and do not result in a degree. Federal law requires publication of data associated with those programs of study, including approximate program costs, program length, and employment statistics. The Minnesota State Chancellor's office has provided this report containing the aforementioned information for all required programs.Community Education Director (Graduate Certificate, Licensure)
Graduate DirectorDr. Frances Kayona
- Public community education
- Education agency
- State agency
- Community recreation
- Youth and family education
University Facts & Stats
- 60 graduate programs leading to graduate certificates, master’s and doctoral degrees
- More than 200 graduate assistantships awarded per year
- Graduate assistants receive up to a $9,250 stipend per year and tuition reimbursement for up to eight graduate credits per semester.