Public Safety Executive Leadership
- Admission requirements
- Program details
- Course descriptions
Department: Criminal Justice
Dr. Mitch Weinzetl
The Master of Science in Public Safety Executive Leadership is designed for mid-level managers in public safety. The course work requires 36 graduate credits in a non-thesis degree program. Up to nine graduate level credits may be accepted from accredited institutions. The six core courses are four semester credits each, totaling 24 credits. Course schedules are designed to accommodate working adults. Find us in St. Cloud, around the state of Minnesota, across the nation and world through ITV delivery.
- Admission decisions are made throughout the year as completed application files are received. A student may start the program fall, spring and summer terms.
Length of Program - Measured by Semesters
- Part-time student: six to seven semesters taking six credits per semester.
- Full-time student: three to four semesters taking 12 credits per semester.
- The program has been designed to accommodate both part-time and full-time students.
- Classes are scheduled on a semester system.
- Delivery of courses are offered around the State of Minnesota through traditional and multidimensional media including electronic classroom delivery.
- The program can be completed by domestic students outside of Minnesota through ITV delivery
- The program can be completed by international students who which to remain in their home country through ITV delivery.
- Courses are offered in the evening and in weekend formats to accommodate working students.
Graduate Assistantship Overview
Two graduate assistantship positions are generally sponsored each year, and are available both fall and spring semesters.