Master of Engineering Management - St. Paul
- Admission requirements
- Program details
- Course descriptions
Department: Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
This program is especially designed for working professionals in the industry and is offered in a cohort model that meets on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. The Master of Engineering Management is a special program that prepares engineers for senior managerial roles. The course content is suitable for senior engineers, technologists, and a wide spectrum of disciplines including, but not limited to, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, electrical, computer and software engineering, as well as chemistry, mathematics, physics, and related fields. The course draws on faculty expertise in the areas of quality engineering, project management and production, operations management, economics financial management, innovation, and administration.
This is a degree that combines management philosophy with technical knowledge to equip its graduates with managerial skills necessary in improving the competitiveness of their organizations and conducting successful technical projects. The degree confers a tremendous competitive advantage to today's engineers.
The program meets the educational needs of part-time students via flexible and varied delivery, responsive curriculum, a professionally qualified staff, an industry advisory council, and appropriate research and support activities. Courses are team taught by faculty from St. Cloud State University, Metropolitan State University, and senior executives form Industry.
- Course curriculum includes projects and homework that can be carried out at the workplace of the employee.
- The program includes three credits for an industrial research project and three credits for a capstone project, both of which are intended to be workplace based.
St. Paul Program Location:
Midway Campus of
Metropolitan State University
1450 Energy Park Drive
St. Paul, MN, 55108
- The GRE is waived for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and five years of industry experience.
- Applicants should have minimum five years of work experience in an engineering position after the BS degree.
International students on the F-1 and J-1 visas are not eligible for part-time academic programs sponsored by St. Cloud State University due to Immigration regulations. This would include the part-time MEM part-time program hosted in St. Paul, MN. International students can enroll in the full-time MEM program hosted in Maple Grove, MN
Length of Program – Measured by Semesters
- Part-time student: 18-month cohort based program begins once a year in mid-January.