- Admission requirements
- Program details
- Course descriptions
Dr. Monica Pelaez firstname.lastname@example.org
The master's degree in English is appropriate for a program leading to the Ph.D. degree, for community college or secondary teaching, or for general cultural enrichment. The following programs are offered:
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Science in English — teacher education
- Master of Arts graduate students interested in future doctoral study should develop competence in an appropriate foreign language.
Length of Program - Measured by Semesters
- Part-time student: six semesters taking six credits per semester.
- Full-time student: four semesters taking nine credits per semester.
- These programs are designed for both full-time and part-time students.
- Full-time students must expect to complete much of their course load in evening classes.
- Graduate courses are also offered in summer school, but a student cannot be assured of completing degree requirements solely with summer school work.
Graduate Assistantship Overview
- Fifteen to twenty graduate assistantship positions are offered to instruct English 191.
- The Write Place offers five to six assistantships to provide tutoring to students.